2015 Yard Waste/Leaf Pickup
Berkley Robina Project
City of Berkley Branding Survey
Take a short survey to provide input for our city's new brand design.
State of the City Presentation
Want to receive monthly newsletters or alerts? Click to subscribe to our e-mail updates
Visit our Facebook page for the latest City information
Berkley 21-100 Travel
Themed Birthday Parties
Many great day and extended trips are planned for this fall. Check out the full list on our Travel Page.
Discount Tickets for the Zoo!
Berkley Parks & Recreation has partnered with the Detroit Zoo offering discounted tickets for Berkley residents. More information ...
Berkley's fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
The City of Berkley Dashboard has been updated for 2015.
W-9 FormCity of Berkley W-9 form (PDF)
COOLIDGE RESURFACING UPDATE - June 4, 2015 @ 3:00PM
Phase 2 of the resurfacing project begins on June 5th. Northbound Coolidge Highway, between 12 Mile and Webster, will be closed until Phase 2 is completed. The posted detour route is 12 Mile Road east to Woodward and 12 Mile Road west to Greenfield. Updates will be posted on the City’s website as developments occur: www.berkleymich.org.
Visit the flood event update page for the latest updates. Last updated on 12/3/2014 @ 12:00PM - More Information
A historic project will be initiated in the City of Berkley as a branding study is launched later this month. The city’s current logo was crafted more than 75 years ago when Berkley High School students were challenged to create one that represented the things most important to City residents.
MessageMakers, a Lansing based firm, was selected to develop Berkley’s brand identity that will be used for the city’s website, street signage, social media and other communications mediums. Developing a brand identity requires thought and input from residents, non-residents and visitors. MessageMakers will lead that process in phases, using input from focus groups, online surveys and meetings with city leaders and stakeholders.
The process will begin in late June when focus groups are scheduled to begin. There will be opportunities for Berkley residents to give input at various stages of this process. The branding study is expected to conclude by the end of 2015. Click the link below and take a short survey to provide input for the city's new brand design.City of Berkley Branding Survey
Holiday Office Closure & Trash Collection
Please be aware that all City of Berkley offices (excluding Public Safety) will be closed on July 3 in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Trash collection will occur according to the normal schedule during the holiday weekend.
On behalf of Mayor Phil O’Dwyer, the City Council, City Manager and the City of Berkley staff, have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.
Independence Day Fireworks Safety
Many 4th of July celebrations include the use of consumer fireworks. The City of Berkley wants all residents to be aware of the following ordinance provisions regarding the ignition and discharge of consumer fireworks (fireworks) to ensure a safe holiday weekend:
- The use of fireworks is allowed one day before, the day of and one day after a national holiday. On those days, the use of fireworks is not permitted between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 8:00 a.m. On New Year’s Day, the use of fireworks is prohibited between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- Fireworks shall not be ignited or discharged on public property (including streets and sidewalks), school property, church property, or private property without expressed permission of the property owner or legal representative of such premises.
- Parental supervision is required whenever minors purchase or have possession of fireworks.
- A person shall not discharge, ignite or use fireworks while under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or a combination of alcohol and controlled substances.
- The ignition, discharge and use of sky lanterns are not allowed at any time.
Berkley Tree Planting ProgramThinking about planting a tree? Check out the Berkley Tree Planting program!