Finance & Treasury
ATTN Berkley Residents/Businesses:
City Hall will be open to the public starting Monday, June 14 for partial hours (8:30 AM - 1 PM).What to Expect When City Facilities Open
- Masks are not required for both the public and staff but are strongly encouraged.
- Staff will continue to submit to a daily COVID-19 screening questionnaire per MiOSHA requirements.
- Staff will continue frequent cleaning procedures, especially for high-touch surface areas such as service counters.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and best practices will be prominently posted throughout the buildings and on the entrance doors.
- Plastic shields or "Sneeze Guards" will remain over the counters to limit person-to-person contact with staff and residents.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be maintained at all entrances.
- A Note About Payments:
- Payment By Check or Money Order:
- Payments can be made at the treasury's counter or by utilizing the City Hall dropbox located on the East side of City Hall to the right of the entrance door. Please place the remittance copy of your taxes, miscellaneous invoices, or water bill in an envelope with your check or money order.
- Payment By Cash:
- With City Hall open to the public, cash is NO LONGER ACCEPTED via dropbox or mail. If you would like to pay by cash, you can come into City Hall and pay at the treasury counter.
- Pay Online or By Phone:
- Please see the webpage www.berkleymich.org/paymybill for online and/or telephone payment instructions to make payments via credit card. Other fees are applicable for credit card payments.
- Payment By Check or Money Order:
- Property Transfer Forms, Tax Deferment Forms, and Treasurer Correspondence:
- The best and most time-efficient option for Property Transfer Affidavit forms is to scan or take a clear picture of all of the signed forms and email them to email@example.com. Those forms will then be processed and a date-stamped copy will be scanned and returned to you via your email address.
- Tax Deferment forms and any required documentation can also be scanned or a clear picture is taken and emailed to the email address above.
- Another option for sending in these forms is to place the signed documents in an envelope and place them in the dropbox for processing by the Treasurer’s Office. Please make sure all forms are properly signed and leave an email address to scan and return copies of the stamped forms.
- Lastly, you may also leave a self-addressed stamped envelope if you want hard copies returned by US mail (City of Berkley Treasurer; 3338 Coolidge Hwy Berkley, MI 48072).
Not comfortable coming into the office? Accessing many of our City Hall services CAN STILL BE DONE via phone, email, through a dropbox submission, or US mail.
Wondering How to Get in Touch With Other Departments?
About Finance / Treasury
Location: City Hall, 3338 Coolidge Highway, Berkley MI 48072
The Finance Department is responsible for providing timely, accurate financial reporting related to all city operations. Key department functions include the annual budget preparation and reporting, accounting, and information management consistent with established government accounting standards and as required by local, state, and federal ordinances and legislation. The City is currently in Fiscal Year (FY) 2019-20 which began on July 1, 2019.
Adopted 2020-21 Fiscal Year Budget
The Treasury Division is responsible for collecting all payments due to the city for property taxes, water bills, reconciling department receipts, and performing other related transactions as required. It also coordinates the Board of Review, property tax roll activities and sends bi-annual tax bills and settlements to Oakland County.