|The City Manager is the chief administrative officer for the city, responsible for the day-to-day oversight for all city department operations. The following is a summary of the City Manager's duties:
- Enforce all city laws and ordinances;
- Oversee the maintenance, and construction as needed, of all municipal buildings, road, water and sewer infrastructure and all other properties owned by the city;
- Attends all City Council meetings and participate in discussions, but without the right to vote;
- Is a member, ex officio, of all committees of the council;
- Prepares and administers the annual budget under policies formulated by the council and keep the council fully advised at all times as to the financial condition and needs of the city;
- Adopts various measures that are deemed necessary or expedient for the welfare of the city;
- Assumes all the duties and responsibilities as personnel director, or delegates such duties to another city official or employee.
- Perform other duties as described in the City Charter or required by ordinance or as directed by the council.