The City Clerk's Office administers all special, local, state, and federal elections in Berkley.
Within this section, you will find important information regarding the election process, including absentee voter documents, voter precinct map, and an election schedule.
If you have additional questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 248-658-3310.
Upcoming Elections - 2020
- November 3, 2020 - General Election
- For those wanting to vote in person, all precincts will be OPEN 7 AM - 8 PM on November 3rd with the appropriate social distancing practices in place. Everyone planning on visiting the polls are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Additionally, the Clerk’s Office will be open Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM for election business only.
The Clerk's Office conducted its public accuracy test on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at 10 AM via Zoom.
Clerk's Office Extending Its Hours for ELECTION BUSINESS ONLY
Our Clerk’s Office is taking steps to ensure that Berkley voters have ample opportunity to make their voices heard in the upcoming November election.
The Clerk's Office has extended its hours for election business only on the following days (no appointment needed):
|Wednesday, September 16||5 PM to 8 PM|
|Friday, October 2||5 PM to 8 PM|
|Tuesday, October 6 (*Drive-Up Service)||5 PM to 7 PM|
|Thursday, October 15||5 PM to 7 PM|
|Saturday, October 24||9 AM to 3 PM|
|Saturday, October 31||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
Residents will be allowed into City Hall AFTER normal business hours to do the following:
- Register to vote
- NOTE: Beginning Oct. 20th, residents need to show proof of residency.
- NOTE: Residents can still drop off their ballots via the secure Dropbox located at City Hall
Need to Register to Vote?
It's not too late. Following the passage of Proposal 18-3, residents may complete an in-person voter registration through Election Day at the City Clerk's Office. Registrants must have proof of residency if it is within 14 days of the election.
Please Note: You can ONLY register to vote at the Clerk’s Office NOT at the polling stations.
To learn more on how to register to vote
Interested in Working Elections?
Anyone interested in becoming a precinct worker for the August and/or November election should send an email to email@example.com or call 248-658-3319.
**Election work is a paid opportunity**