July 4th Fireworks and Trash Collection Notice
The 4th of July is always a fun time for barbecues, picnics, and relaxing with friends and family. If your celebration includes the use of consumer fireworks, please use them safely, be considerate of your neighbors, and please be aware of the following Fireworks Ordinance provisions:
- The use of fireworks is allowed one day before, the day of and one day after a national holiday. On those days, the use of fireworks is not permitted between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 8:00 a.m. On New Year’s Day, the use of fireworks is prohibited between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- Fireworks shall not be ignited or discharged on public property (including streets and sidewalks), school property, church property, or private property without expressed permission of the property owner or legal representative of such premises.
- Parental supervision is required whenever minors purchase or have possession of fireworks.
- A person shall not discharge, ignite or use fireworks while under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or a combination of alcohol and controlled substances.
- The use of sky lanterns, along with commercial-grade fireworks (the type you see at a public show) are not allowed at any time.
If you have concerns regarding the use of fireworks, please contact the Public Safety Department at 248-658-3380.
Trash Collection Schedule Change
Due to the 4th of July holiday, trash collection scheduled for Friday, July 6 will be picked up on Saturday, July 7th.
On behalf of the City of Berkley, have a safe and enjoyable holiday!