City of Berkley Closing to the Public Due to Rise in COVID-19 Cases Starting Tuesday, November 17
(City of Berkley COVID-19 Update - November 13, 2020)
Due to the rising COVID-19 case numbers and the small capacity of our building, City Hall will be closed to the public starting Tuesday, November 17, 2020.
Services WILL STILL BE operational as staff will continue to be working as they have done since the beginning of the shutdown. This decision was made to ensure that our staff can continue to work safely and can continue to provide our community with exceptional service. We appreciate your patience with us as we continue to navigate through this.
We will be reassessing the closure of City Hall at the beginning of February.
Starting Tuesday, November 17, City Hall services can be accessed in the following ways:
- Dropbox submission (City Hall's dropbox is located to the right of the main entrance door; City Hall is located at 3338 Coolidge Hwy. Berkley MI 48072)
- Traditional US mail
This includes the following municipal services:
- Community Development (building/planning, permitting, licensing, and zoning). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Clerk's Office (FOIA records and pet licenses). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Finance / Treasury Department (water bills, tax bills, and miscellaneous invoices). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Parks and Recreation has reopened the Community Center but at a limited compacity. Check out our reopen frequently asked question's page here.
- Please check online (berkley.maxgalaxy.net) or call (248-658-3470) for program information. Classes and programs are limited to ensure the health and safety of participants and staff.
- The Library is still closed to the public, however, will continue to provide virtual activities and curbside pick-up. Learn more at www.berkleymich.org/library
- Public Works continues to remain closed to the public but staff is still working. For questions, you can contact them by phone or email.
- Public Safety has remained open, however, the staff and building are set up to abide by physical distancing guidelines. We encourage the community to call ahead (when possible) before physically visiting.
All of the above practices have been determined by the CDC, State, and County guidelines, and may be altered if and when needed.
To learn more about the City's Recovery and Reopening Plan visit www.berkleymich.org/COVI
As always, be sure to follow us via social media, the city website, and our email notification system as we will be sharing through those channels.
Please refer to the contact information listed below to get in touch with a specific department.
|City Manager's Office||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Communications (Media Relations)||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||email@example.com|
|Downtown Development Authority (DDA)||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|City Clerk's Office||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||email@example.com|
|Community Development (Building/Planning)||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Finance/Treasury||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||email@example.com|
|Library||3155 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parks & Recreation||2400 Robinaemail@example.com|
|Public Works||3238 Baconfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Public Safety||2395 12 Mile Rd.||248-658-3380||Emergency Number: 9-1-1|