Parks & Recreation
The City is in its COVID-19 recovery and reopening process for all of its municipal facilities.
What to Expect entering our City Facilities
- Indoor and outdoor programs will continue following the guidelines from the CDC and State Health Department.
- Room/space rentals will resume abiding by the State's COVID-19 capacity guidelines.
- Summer Camp will continue following Michigan’s Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) Guidelines for Safe Child Care Operations during COVID-19.
- Masks are not required for the staff or the public but are strongly encouraged.
- Staff will continue frequent cleaning procedures, especially for high-touch surface areas such as service counters.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and best practices will be prominently posted throughout the buildings and on the entrance doors.
- Plastic shields or "Sneeze Guards" will remain over the counters to limit person-to-person contact with staff and residents.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be maintained at all entrances.
Check out Berkley Parks & Recreation's online registration portal, RecPro!
The Department has updated its online program registration platform due to the old platform (MaxGalaxy) being discontinued. Residents can register at the new site recreation.berkleymich.org.
To set up your account with Parks & Recreation:
- Click the "sign-in" button on the top right.
- Click on the "Create a New Account" link and follow the instructions.
- Need some assistance? Here is a printable version of RecPro's user manual guide to help!
- If you have any additional trouble creating an account, please contact us at 248-658-3470.
About Parks & Recreation
Location: 2400 Robina, Berkley, MI 48072
The Berkley Parks & Recreation Department provides a variety of leisure services, sports and physical fitness programs for children and adults of all ages. This department operates and maintains all city-owned recreation assets, including nine public parks, baseball fields, tennis courts, the Community Center.
Throughout the year, the department is a state-licensed provider of day camps for children. Camp sessions are held during the summer months and winter break.
The Senior Center provides programs and other activities for residents age 60 and up. Educational workshops, day trips, and travel excursions are available for active seniors who enjoy good fellowship and fun.
Partnerships with volunteers and community organizations are key to the department's success. Volunteers are engaged in the planning and execution of many special events throughout the year, including, but not limited to, Winterfest, Summerfest, and the CruiseFest Classic Car Parade.
Parks and Recreation Director
Check us out on Facebook!