Snow Emergency beginning at 6 AM on Wednesday (2/2) to noon on Saturday (2/5)
WINTER STORM/SNOW EMERGENCY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
The National Weather Service has released an alert that our region is now under a Winter Storm Warning and Winter Weather Advisories until Thursday night. Total snow accumulations are expected to be between 8 to 13 inches, with localized totals near 15 inches.
With this, our Public Works (DPW) and Public Safety have announced a Snow Emergency beginning at 6 AM on Wednesday (2/2) to noon on Saturday (2/5). This will allow our DPW crews the ability to plow the streets multiple times given the extended duration of the event.
We ask that residents be patient with us during this process and not park their vehicles or place garbage cans in the street during the snow emergency. We also ask that residents minimize travel when possible over the next few days due to the anticipated poor road conditions.
The City will continue to monitor the forecast of the storm. We also ask residents to be "weather alert" over the next couple of days.
CITY SERVICE UPDATES:
In advance of the winter storm, our departments would like to share the following updates for the safety of staff and the community:
- Parks & Recreation programs have been canceled for Wednesday (2/2) and Thursday (2/3).
- The DPW office will be closed but staff will be working. Residents can call or email with any questions.
- NOTE: At this time, there are no delays for Friday trash pick-up. We will inform the public if this changes.
- City Hall will open at 10:00 AM on Thursday (2/3) to allow staff the opportunity to safely avoid morning rush hour traffic.
- Inspections through the Community Development department have been limited.
- The best form of contact for all City departments during this time will be email but if you leave a voice message on the department line(s), staff will get back to you as soon as they can. Please visit our "Contact Us" page for details at www.berkleymich.org/contactus.