TWO PUBLIC INFO MEETINGS SET FOR MARCH 11 FOR 12 MILE ROAD RESURFACING PROJECT FROM GREENFIELD TO COOLIDGE HWY. IN BERKLEY
Contact: Craig Bryson, Public Information Officer, (248) 645-2000, ext. 2302 (e-mail: email@example.com) Visit RCOC online at www.rcocweb.org
Beverly Hills, MI – The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with the City of Berkley, will conduct two public information meetings on Wednesday, March 11, to share information about the upcoming project to resurface 12 Mile Road from Greenfield Road to Coolidge Highway.
The meetings will take place at the following times and locations on March 11:
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Berkley City Hall, 3338 Coolidge Highway, Berkley (in the council chambers)
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Berkley High School Collaborative Center, 2325 Catalpa Dr., Berkley
The 1.05-mile project includes:
- Milling (removing existing surface) and paving with three inches of asphalt
- Complete reconstruction of 12 Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Drive
- Reconstruction of side-street approaches to 12 Mile Road
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant pedestrian crosswalks
- Pedestrian-signal upgrades
- New curbs and gutters
- Minor drainage improvements
- New signs and pavement markings
During the first stage, the south half of 12 Mile Road will be resurfaced, with traffic shifted onto the north half of the road. However, during this stage, 12 Mile Road will close to through traffic from Greenfield Road to Ellwood Drive for one month for complete reconstruction of this section. During the closure, the detour route for traffic will be Greenfield Road to 11 Mile Road to Coolidge Highway, back to 12 Mile Road and vice versa.
The second stage will begin as soon as the first stage is complete and will involve resurfacing the north half of the road, with traffic shifted onto the south half. With the exception of the one-month closure during the first stage, two-way traffic will be maintained on 12 Mile Road for the remainder of the project.
This section of 12 Mile Road carries approximately 15,500 vehicles per day. For more information on the 12 Mile project, visit: http://www.rcocweb.org/537/12-Mile-Road-Greenfield-to-Coolidge.
You can also find details on the City's Infrastructure page here.