Accessing City Services During COVID-19
We activated our Emergency Operations Center, which is in accordance with the Oakland County Health Department, to coordinate response and prepare for a potential outbreak. Our Emergency Operations staff have been and continue to work closely with Oakland County Health Department and Oakland County Homeland Security, the state, and federal officials to protect our community as we respond to this developing situation.
This is a new disease, and scientists are learning more about it daily. Recommendations may change rapidly. Stay up to date with City messages by signing up for our community news email list.
Berkley COVID-19 Recovery and Reopening Plan
It is important to note that this is a fluid reopen process. Information changes constantly and we are trying to adapt as best we can. Our first priority is our staff and the public's safety.
Transitions to each phase will be determined by State & County guidelines, along with staff capabilities.
To view the COVID-19 Recovery and Reopening Plan document
Wondering How to Get in Touch with our City Departments?
** LIBRARY, COMMUNITY CENTER, CITY HALL, & DPW NOW OPEN**
Parks & Recreations: Community Center Open as of June 1
- Indoor and outdoor programs will continue following the guidelines from the CDC and State Health Department.
- Room/space rentals will resume abiding by the State's COVID-19 capacity guidelines.
- Summer Camp will continue following Michigan’s Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) Guidelines for Safe Child Care Operations during COVID-19.
- Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Visit the Department's page for more details here
City Hall and Public Works will be open to the public during their normal business hours.
This includes the following municipal services:
- Community Development (building/planning, permitting, licensing, and zoning). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Clerk's Office (FOIA records, pet and peddlers licenses, and elections). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Public Works Department (yard waste & leaf collection, chipper service, water main maintenance, and repairs). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Finance / Treasury Department (water and utility bills, property transfer forms, or tax deferment forms). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- A Note About Payments: Please visit our Finance/Treasury page to learn more about how payments will be accepted.
What to Expect When City Facilities Open
- Masks are not required for the public but are strongly encouraged due to the increased rate of community transmission given the rise of COVID-19 cases and its associated variants.
- Staff are required to wear masks to ensure their protection.
- Staff will continue frequent cleaning procedures, especially for high-touch surface areas such as service counters.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and best practices will be prominently posted throughout the buildings and on the entrance doors.
- Plastic shields or "Sneeze Guards" will remain over the counters to limit person-to-person contact with staff and residents.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be maintained at all entrances.
All of the above practices will be determined by CDC, State, and County guidelines, and may be altered if and when needed.
Please refer to the contact information listed below to get in touch with a specific department:
|City Manager's Office||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3338 Coolidge Hwy.||email@example.com|
|Downtown Development Authority (DDA)||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|City Clerk's Office||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||email@example.com|
|Community Development (Building/Planning)||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Finance/Treasury||3338 Coolidge Hwy.||email@example.com|
|Library||3155 Coolidge Hwy.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parks & Recreation||2400 Robinaemail@example.com|
|Public Works||3238 Baconfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Public Safety||2395 12 Mile Rd.||248-658-3380||Emergency Number: 9-1-1|