City Hall Will Be Closed to the Public during the Week of Labor Day for Renovations
City Hall will be renovating and updating the front office counters and staff cubicles. The schedule of the renovation is as follows:
- 9/2/22 - Friday
- Staff packing of desks and counter areas
- Technology demolition
- 9/3/22 - Saturday
- Facilities staff to remove existing cubicles and counter
- 9/5/22 - Labor Day
- City offices closed
- 9/6/22 to 9/7/22 - Tuesday & Wednesday
- New Cubicle Install
- Counter Install
- Electrical work/IT wiring
- City Hall Staff will be working remotely
- 9/8/22 to 9/9/22 - Thursday & Friday
- City Hall staff unpacking desks and counter materials in the new layout
- Reinstallation of phones and computers
City Hall staff will be working remotely the week of Labor Day (beginning Friday, September 2 - 9, 2022).
If you have any questions or inquiries, the BEST form of contact is email. However, if you leave a voice message on the department line(s), staff will get back to you as soon as possible. You can view the City's contact information via our "Contact Us" page on our website.
Community Development Department
For questions or inquiries, the building department can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspections will be conducted as regularly scheduled. All inspections must be emailed/requested by 3:00 PM to be scheduled on the next available day's inspection schedule.
- Note - Items may be processed a bit slower this week since the majority of staff are working remotely.
- Any payments, documents, applications, or forms should be submitted via the City Hall dropbox.
- Large packets that do not fit in the drop box can be dropped off at Public Safety (2395 12 Mile Rd).
For questions or inquiries, the Clerk's Office can be reached at email@example.com.
Absentee ballots, Pet licenses, FOIA requests, or non-building-related permit requests can be emailed or submitted via the City Hall dropbox.
For questions or inquiries, the department can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Water, utility, and tax bill payments can be made via the City Hall dropbox or online.
A Note About Payments:
- Payment By Check or Money Order:
- Payments can be made utilizing the City Hall dropbox located on the East side of City Hall to the right of the entrance door. Please place the remittance copy of your taxes, miscellaneous invoices, or water bill in an envelope with your check or money order.
- Payment By Cash:
- We strongly discourage any payments by cash in the drop box since no change can be given and disputes can arise from the amount of cash submitted. If you would like to pay by cash, you can come into City Hall and pay at the treasury counter when normal business hours resume.
- Pay Online or By Phone:
- Please see www.berkleymich.org/paymybill for online and/or telephone payment instructions to make payments via credit card. Other fees are applicable for credit card payments.
We thank all of you for your patience as we work through this transition.