REMINDER: Snow Emergency is in effect today Wednesday (2/2) until noon on Saturday (2/5)
UPDATE AS OF WEDNESDAY (2/2):
Our local Snow Emergency remains in effect today, Wednesday (2/2), until noon on Saturday (2/5). This will allow our DPW crews the ability to plow the streets multiple times given the extended duration of the event.
The National Weather Service still expects 8 to 12 inches of snow in the Oakland County area with heavier intervals of snowfall this afternoon and evening.
We ask that residents be patient with us during this process, not park their vehicles or place garbage cans in the street during the snow emergency, and minimize your travel when possible over the next few days due to the anticipated poor road conditions.
CITY SERVICE UPDATES:
Our departments would like to share the following updates for the safety of staff and the community:
- UPDATED as of 2/2: Parks & Recreation programs have been canceled for Wednesday (2/2) and Thursday (2/3). The Community Center is closed but our staff is working. Residents can reach staff via phone or email.
- UPDATED as of 2/2: City Hall and the Library will be close to the public at 1 PM today (Wednesday). Residents can reach staff via phone or email.
- The DPW office will be closed but our staff is working. Residents can call or email with any questions.
- NOTE: At this time, there are no delays for Friday trash pick-up. We will inform the public if this changes.
- City Hall will open at 10:00 AM on Thursday (2/3) to allow staff the opportunity to safely avoid morning rush hour traffic.
- Inspections through the Community Development department have been limited.
- Accessing many of our City Hall services CAN STILL BE DONE via phone, email, through a dropbox submission, or US mail.
We will continue to watch the conditions to determine the safest course of action tomorrow for staff and the community.
The best form of contact for all City departments during this time will be email but if you leave a voice message on the department line(s), staff will get back to you as soon as they can. Please visit our "Contact Us" page for details at www.berkleymich.org/contactus.