STORM PSA UPDATE as of 8/15/2021
Power has been restored at City Hall, Public Works, and Public Safety. There is still no power at the Library.
The Community Center is available for anyone who needs to use it still(e.g. charge your devices, public WiFi, cool off, etc.). For hours, call Parks & Recreation at 248-658-3470.
Our DPW has also begun running the Chipper Service and will continue to for the next few weeks. No call-ins are needed at this time due to the high volumes.
- Reminder about the City Chipper Service:
- The chipper service will ONLY accept branches OVER 4' in length & OVER 2" in diameter.
- For the safety of our workers, smaller branches must go into a yard waste bag or marked can.
The latest DTE update shows that our community will have power restored by late this evening.
As a reminder, please use the following outlets for storm-related queries:
- For downed trees - call Public Safety at 248-658-3380
- For downed power lines - call DTE Energy at 800-477-4747
- For the latest power outage updates - outage.dteenergy.com/map.
- For medical or other life-threatening emergencies - call 911
- If you have experienced any basement flooding, residents are encouraged to report a claim using the Sewer Backup Claims Form here: www.berkleymich.org/ReportAClaim.
- The data collected from the public will help us assess what is needed for our community as we communicate with our State and County municipal partners.