STORM PSA UPDATE as of 8/13/21
City crews are continuing to aid with tree damage and debris, medical emergencies, as well as, assist DTE with downed power lines. Our DPW has also begun running the Chipper Service and will continue to for the next few weeks. No call-ins are needed at this time due to the high volumes.
- Reminder about the City Chipper Service:
- The chipper service will ONLY accept branches OVER 4' in length & OVER 2" in diameter
- For the safety of our workers, smaller branches must go into a yard waste bag or marked can.
As a reminder, please use the following outlets for storm-related queries:
- For downed trees - call Public Safety at 248-658-3380
- For downed power lines - call DTE Energy at 800-477-4747
- For the latest power outage updates - outage.dteenergy.com/map.
- For medical or other life-threatening emergencies - call 911
- If you have experienced any basement flooding, residents are encouraged to report a claim using the Sewer Backup Claims Form here: www.berkleymich.org/ReportAClaim.
- The data collected from the public will help us assess what is needed for our community as we communicate with our State and County municipal partners.
- The Community Center is available for anyone who needs to use it (e.g. charge your devices, public WiFi, cool off, etc.).
- To find out building hours - call Parks & Recreation at 248-658-3470.
THE FOLLOWING CITY FACILITIES ARE STILL CLOSED DUE TO POWER OUTAGE
Given no power at City Hall, the Library, and DPW, the BEST WAY TO CONTACT those departments at this time is via email. We are asking for your patience as we continue to navigate the outages. You can find Department information at www.berkleymich.org/contactus.
ROAD CLOSURES: None at this time.