City of Berkley Announces New Online Payment System
Media Contacts: Torri Mathes, Community Engagement Officer; City of Berkley; email@example.com; 248-658-3333
Mark Pollock, Finance/Treasurer Director; City of Berkley; firstname.lastname@example.org; 248-658-3340
Berkley, MI - June 1, 2021 - The City of Berkley would like to share with the community that it has launched a new easy-to-use online payment system, Point&Pay®, where residents can view and pay their water bills, miscellaneous invoice fees issued by the City, and subsequently winter and summer taxes.
Point & Pay is a transactional processing service that allows you to pay your bills in three steps:
- Select Your Payment - The portal allows residents to filter through which bills need to be paid at that moment, as well as, choose a payment method of either a credit card or electronic check (eCheck).
- Review and Submit Your Payment - Allows residents to review their payment information before making the payment.
- Confirmation and Receipt - Allows residents to receive an immediate confirmation which can be printed off or sent via email.
“Our current payment platform, Official Payments, is no longer going to be compatible with BS&A which is our accounting and billing software platform. Point&Pay® offers the advantages of a percentage fee for credit card payments with no transaction limit,” said Mark Pollock, Finance Director. “Another advantage with Point and Pay is that it will allow a direct bank payment option which will allow you to directly charge your bank account with a flat fee of $.85 per transaction.”
How to Set up Your Account
For businesses and residents to utilize the new online payment system, they will need to set up an account through BS&A Online.
- Go to www.berkleymich.org/paymybill.
- Select the Get Started with BS&A hyperlink
- Click Register, located in the Account menu on the left.
- Fill out the information under the Create an Account section. All fields in this section are required.
- Optionally, fill out the Account Information section.
- Beneath Other Information, select how you learned about our site and check the "I’m Not a Robot" box.
- Click the Create Account button at the bottom of the screen.
Given the new system’s look and layout, the City is allowing residents time to transition to the new payment service as it will be replacing the existing Official Payments system Berkley currently uses. Residents will have until July 1, 2021.
To learn more about Point & Pay and how to set up your account, visit www.berkleymich.org/paymybill.