City of Berkley COVID-19 Update - May 28, 2021
We would like to share with the Berkley community that the City will be reopening by individual municipal building locations via our COVID-19 Recovery and Reopening Plan.
What does this mean for our City?
In order for us to continue with providing exceptional City services, we ask that you review our COVID-19 safety procedures to ensure the health and safety of our staff. In addition, our facilities will be opening the following ways:
- Parks & Recreation: Community Center will open on June 1. Learn more at www.berkleymich.org/parks.
- Library: Opens June 7 for Grab & Go Service. Learn more at www.berkleymich.org/library.
- City Hall & Public Works (DPW):
- Details continue to be finalized and we will share more information after the Memorial Day holiday.
- Accessing many of our City Hall services CAN BE DONE via phone, email, through a dropbox submission, or US mail.
- As always, Public Safety has remained open to provide 24-hour operations and support to the community. However, the front lobby is closed for construction. If anyone needs to meet, they can contact them at 248-658-3380.
What to Expect City Facilities Open
- Masks are not required for both the public and staff but are strongly encouraged.
- Staff will continue to submit to a daily COVID-19 screening questionnaire per MiOSHA requirements.
- Staff will continue frequent cleaning procedures, especially for high-touch surface areas such as service counters.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and best practices will be prominently posted throughout the buildings and on the entrance doors.
- Plastic shields or "Sneeze Guards" will remain over the counters to limit person-to-person contact with staff and residents.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be maintained at all entrances.