City Hall Reopening Reminder and Building Expectations
We would like to kindly remind the community that City Hall is now in "Phase 3: Maintenance" of the City's COVID-19 recovery and reopening process. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 6, 2020, City Hall will be open to the public
Given the recent news by the Michigan Supreme Court ruling, we would also like to clarify and note that our social distancing measures at City Hall and at our other municipal buildings will remain in place and includes the following:
- All staff must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and are required to submit to a daily COVID-19 screening questionnaire
- Installation of clear countertop sneeze shields
- Installation of hand sanitizing stations at the entrance of the buildings
- Traffic-flow and standing markers placed on the floor to maintain social distancing
- Signs encouraging social distancing and best practices are prominently posted throughout the building and on the entrance door
- Patrons are required to wear a mask when entering the building
The policies listed above are in place in order for us to continue providing exceptional City services, and to ensure the health and safety of you and our staff. Many of our departments operate within a small space. If one member of a department gets COVID-19, the entire department must be quarantined.
City Hall hours are as follows:
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
- (Closed from 1-2 PM every day)
Not Comfortable or Don't Want to Wait in Line?
Accessing many of our City Hall services CAN STILL BE DONE via phone, email, through traditional mail, or secure dropbox submission.
This includes the following municipal services:
- Community Development (building/planning, permitting, licensing, and zoning). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Clerk's Office (FOIA records and elections). Visit the Department's page for more details here.
- Finance / Treasury Department (water and utility bills, property transfer forms, or tax deferment forms). Visit the Department's page for more details here.