City of Berkley COVID-19 Mitigation & Preparedness Strategy Update - March 16, 2020
The closure impacts restaurants, cafes, coffee houses, bars, taverns, brewpubs, distilleries, clubs, movie theaters, indoor and outdoor performance venues, gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities, exercise studios, spas, and casinos.
- Public Safety will remain open, however, we encourage the community to call ahead before physically visiting at 248-658-3380.
- Residents and community members are able to pay their water bills and other utilities online or at our secure dropbox located at City Hall (3338 Coolidge Hwy). To learn more about how to pay online, head to our Treasury page on our website. If you have additional questions, you can reach the Treasury Department at email@example.com.
- All public meetings are canceled (e.g. City Council, Planning Commission, ZBA, and all advisory boards/commission) until the end of March. At this time, we are currently working on virtual solutions and recordings for our public meetings. Please stay tuned for more details.
- Community Development will still be processing permits. These can be mailed or placed within the dropbox at City Hall. Inspections being done on new construction or exterior buildings will continue; Inside occupied structures will be postponed until further notice.
- Code Enforcement will continue but at a limited capacity for the safety of the employees.
- For any inquiries related to the Clerk's Office, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those who have registered for a Parks & Recreation program, event, or activity that is taking place this month will automatically receive a refund. Please call Parks & Rec at 248-658-3470 with any questions.
- The Library has asked its patrons to hold onto items they have checked out and return them after the Library opens. Overdue fees will be waived for overdue items.
- We are no longer offering Senior busing transportation as an option due to the risk of exposure to our drivers and the residents.
If seniors or at-risk residents are in need of further food assistance, we recommend Area Agency on Aging: https://aaa1b.org/ or Meals on Wheels: http://www.oaklandmow.org/.
Additionally, Oakland County Help Hotline is also available at 248-858-1000. They can aid in addressing the non-health needs such as food or housing assistance.
Berkley School District announced that they have partnered with Aramark to provide food assistance to those families in need. As of today, they will be distributing two meals a day (breakfast and lunch) for any child under 18 in our community. You can learn more on their website here.
Be sure to follow us via social media, the city website, and our email notification system as we will be sharing through those channels as more information is provided.
Additionally, information from Oakland County Health Department is updated on their website OakGov.com/Health as it becomes available. The Oakland County Nurse on Call is also available at 800-848-5533, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM or you can email email@example.com.