City of Berkley COVID-19 Mitigation & Preparedness Strategy Notice - March 13, 2020
- All nonessential public information meetings will be postponed.
- All recreation and senior program, events, and activities will be canceled or postponed. Those who have registered for a program, event, or activity that is taking place this month will automatically receive a refund. Please call Parks & Rec at 248-658-3470 with questions.
- Our community center will be open during normal business hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Our library will remain open but all activities and programs are suspended for the remainder of March.
- Senior busing services will be continuing essential transportation services (doctor appointments and grocery store trips) Busing services will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Passengers presenting fever or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to board.
- The city departments will be adding additional disinfectant measures such as cleaning counters and common workspaces hourly based on the information provided by the Oakland County Health Department.
- Advisory Boards and Commissions will continue to meet so long as a quorum of the members can be obtained.
We will be re-evaluating these protective measures at the beginning of April and as more information comes in.
Our immediate plan and purpose for these measures are to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community. We will work to the best of our ability for the continuity of municipal services. However, our first priority is protecting the health and well-being of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to illness.
As things evolve and we learn more recommendations from our health experts at the county, state and federal level we will communicate with all residents, businesses, and community members via social media, the city website, and our email notification system.
Additionally, information from Oakland County Health Department is updated on their website OakGov.com/Health as it becomes available. The Oakland County Nurse on Call is also available at 800-848-5533, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM or you can email email@example.com.