Military & Overseas Civilian Voters

Do you have friends or family in the military or overseas civilian voters who are eligible to register and vote in Michigan? 

benjamin-faust-8310-unsplash - Copy
If so, we encourage you to inform them that new state and federal laws make it easier for military and overseas civilian voters to register and participate in elections. Most importantly, military and overseas civilian voters can now receive a ballot by e-mail or fax to speed the voting process!
(NOTE: The voted ballot must be returned by mail for security purposes.) 

Military and overseas civilian voters interested in obtaining ballots for the elections that will be held this year must request a ballot through their local city or township clerk. Requests for absentee ballots submitted prior to 2010 are no longer valid and cannot be processed.

Additional information including contact information for Michigan’s city and township clerks can be obtained through the Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC) website maintained by the Michigan Department of State.

For additional information, visit, or log on to the Federal Voting Assistance Program's (FVAP) website at


eNews Signup