Subscribe on Youtube

Animal Control

The City has one full-time animal control officer who provides animal control services for both the cities of Berkley and Royal Oak.

Berkley's Animal Control Officer Works for You!

  • responds to calls about problem pets
  • investigates complaints about animal bites
  • maintains the animal shelter at the Berkley Public Works yard
  • transports animals as needed to the Oakland County Animal Shelter

The city does not have a pet adoption program.

If your pet is missing or if you have found a stray animal call the Public Safety Department at 248-658-3380. For information on licensing your pet check here.