Board of Review
The City of Berkley Board of Review will meet on the following dates and times listed below for the purpose of reviewing the 2018 assessment roll, hearing any objections thereto and to conduct such other business as may be permitted or required by law.
Meetings will be held at the City Hall, 3338 Coolidge Highway, Berkley, MI 48072.
Dates & Times:
3/06/2018: 2:15 pm to 4:30 pm.
3/08/2018: 9:00 am to 12 Noon; 2:15 pm to 5:00 pm.
3/12/2018: 9:00 am to 12:30 pm; 2:15 pm to 5:00 pm.
3/13/2018: 2:15 pm to 4:30 pm; 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
• City of Berkley property taxpayers can schedule a Board of Review appointment in advance by contacting Oakland County Equalization Division PRIOR TO 3/02/2018; toll free at 1-888-350-0900, extension 54401 or 1-248-975-4401.
• Tentative equalization multiplier and State equalization value factor: 1.00
• HOMEOWNER’S PRINCIPAL RESIDENCE AFFIDAVIT INFORMATION: If you purchased your principal residence after June 1 last year, to claim the principal residence exemption, if you have not already done so, you are required to file an affidavit by June 1 for the immediately succeeding summer tax levy and all subsequent tax levies or by November 1 for the immediately succeeding winter tax levy and all subsequent tax levies.
• POVERTY EXEMPTION REQUEST: Poverty exemption requests will also be considered at these Board of Review sessions.
• Resident taxpayers may appeal by letter to the Board of Review if the written appeal is received by 3/13/2018.