August Primary Election Information
Please note that a primary election will be held in the City of Berkley on Aug. 7, 2018. The election is being held for the purpose of electing candidates for the following offices:
- U.S. Senator and Representative in Congress
- State Senator and Representative in Michigan Legislature.
- County Commissioner
- Delegate to the county convention of the Republican, Democratic and Libertarian parties.
Voters will also decide on the following proposals:
- A request from Berkley Schools for a sinking fund millage proposal for the construction or repair of school buildings; for school security measurements; for the acquisition or upgrading of technology; for the purchase of real estate for sites for school buildings; and for all other purposes authorized by law. The request is for 3 mills for a period of 10 years. Please visit www.berkleyschools.org for more information on this proposal.
- Oakland County Transportation Millage Renewal.
All polling places are handicap accessible. Braille and audio versions of voting instructions are available at the following polling places:
Precinct 1: City Hall, 3338 Coolidge
Precinct 2: Rogers School, 2265 Hamilton
Precinct 3: Berkley High School, 2325 Catalpa
Precinct 4: Community Center, 2400 Robina
Precinct 5: Angell School, 3849 Beverly
Precinct 6: Pattengill School, 3540 Morrison
Precinct 7: Berkley High School, 2325 Catalpa
The deadline to register for the August primary is 5 pm Monday, July 9th. Absentee ballots are available through Saturday, August 4th. The clerk’s office will be open on August 4th from 9 am to 2 pm. For more information about the August primary, contact the City Clerk’s office at 248-658-3310.