Ladies Night OUTside
The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) will be continuing its annual Ladies Night Out event on Thursday, October 15, and Friday, October 16, from 5 PM - 9 PM.
LET’S LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN BERKLEY BY SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITE HALLOWEEN ATTIRE AND COSTUMES.
This premier shopping event draws hundreds of women into Berkley’s two charming shopping and dining districts: one located along Coolidge Highway and the other along 12 Mile Road. Berkley’s downtown is home to some of Metro Detroit’s best small businesses. From custom-made clothing and jewelry to local artists and Detroit made goods, its merchants offer something for everyone!
What's New For This Event?
- TWO nights of shopping (October 15 and October 16)!
- There will be a digital map letting you know who’s participating and any specials they are offering. No physical maps will be handed out for this event.
- You can enter to win the GRAND PRIZE by posting a selfie on Facebook at one of the participating Berkley Business. Make sure to tag the business (@businessname) and use #BerkleyLadiesNightsOut in the post text
- Social distancing procedures will be in place. Please see our FAQ section below for full guidelines.
There will be no shuttle service.
Grand Prize will be a gift basket filled with wine, goodies, and Downtown Berkley bucks to be spent at participating shops.
Please feel free to wear your favorite Halloween attire or costume!
Frequently Asked Questions
- If there is no shuttle service, how can I easily explore the entire downtown area?
- There are two different options. You can drive and take advantage of Downtown Berkley’s FREE parking. Or you can take advantage of MoGo ride-sharing bikes. We have two stations (Earlmont and Coolidge Hwy., and Robina and 12 Mile).
- How does the digital map work?
- Prior to the event, a web page indicating all participating businesses will be made available. This web page will be posted on the DDA’s website, social media, and sent out in an email so everyone has access to it.
- Do I have to go to a certain number of stores along 12 Mile and Coolidge to be entered to win the grand prize?
- No. This year, we’re making it very easy. Simply post a selfie on Facebook at one of the participating Berkley businesses. Make sure to tag the business, tag Downtown Berkley and use #BerkleyLadiesNightsOut in the post text. The winner will be announced a few days after this event. That’s it.
- With COVID still around, how are you keeping businesses and event-goers safe?
- As we move towards opening up our City to welcome back our beloved patrons, we want to ensure that we have everyone's safety and health in mind for all the fun events we have planned for the remainder of 2020.
2020 Event Guidelines & Safety Protocols
As we move towards opening up our City to welcome back our beloved patrons, we want to ensure that we have everyone's safety and health is in mind for all the fun events we have planned for the remainder of 2020.
While each event set-up might look a bit different (this will be determined based on the State’s MI Safe Start Plan), below are safety precautions for the Ladies Night OUTside event:
- Please be mindful of 6-feet social distancing between other shoppers, business owners and their employees, and the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) staff and volunteers.
- Please wear a face mask or cover.
- While most businesses will have outdoor selling, you will be permitted to go inside. If you choose to enter a store, please make sure to follow all safety protocols that business has in place.
- We ask that you please bring hand sanitizer and use it frequently. In lieu of hand sanitizer, please feel free to wear gloves.
- Please refrain from excessively touching merchandise. Our merchants will be more than happy to assist you if you have any questions regarding their products.
- Each business will be monitoring in-store capacity, we ask that customers please be patient as you may experience a wait prior to entering a store.
- If you feel ill, please stay home. We’ll have other events that you can attend later on in the year.
- DDA staff and volunteers will be on-site throughout this event to assist you and our businesses.
- Please be kind. You may be reminded of these safety protocols throughout the duration of the event by our DDA staff and volunteers. Please don’t be upset, as our goal is to look out for everyone’s well-being and safety.
For daily updates, follow the DDA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DowntownBerkley and Twitter at @DowntownBerkley.