12-Mile Road (Greenfield to Coolidge) Resurfacing Project
This project is a Road Commission for Oakland County construction project. All information regarding this project was pulled from their website which can be found here.
QUESTIONS? Contact RCOC at 877-858-4804 or email email@example.com
Residents and business owners are encouraged to sign up through the City’s eBlast alerts following this link: www.tinyurl.com/12mileroadconstruction. Residents who sign up will receive the latest updates regarding the Oakland County project, as well as, updates about businesses and community partner activities happening on 12 Mile during the construction.
12-Mile Road Resurfacing Project Overview
Project Description: Resurfacing 12 Mile Road from Greenfield Road to Coolidge Hwy. beginning approximately June 1. At that time, the contractor expects to close 12 Mile Road from Greenfield Road to Ellwood Street for approximately one month. After that, 12 Mile Road will remain open to two-way traffic for the duration of the project.
- Milling road surface and paving with asphalt
- Reconstruction of 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Ellwood Avenue (Intersection now open for two-way traffic as of July 13, 2020)
- Side street approaches to 12 Mile Road rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant sidewalk ramps and signal upgrades
- New curb and gutter
- Some drainage improvements
- New signage and pavement markings
Project Start: June 1, 2020 (utility relocation began in April and is expected to be completed in June; there will be periodic lane closures for the work)
Project Completion: Winter 2020
Project Details: The project will be constructed in two stages.
- Stage 1: During this stage, the south half of this section of 12 Mile will be resurfaced, and traffic will be shifted to the north side. Also during this stage, starting approximately June 1, 12 Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Drive will be closed to traffic for approximately one month for more extensive repairs (Intersection now open for two-way traffic as of July 13, 2020). Pedestrian and business access will be maintained at all times.
- Stage 2: The second stage will begin as soon as stage 1 is complete, and work will be done on the north half of the road with traffic shifted to the south half. The road will remain open to two-way traffic throughout this stage.
- A public meeting regarding this project was held on March 11, 2020.
- To view the May 2020 flyer update, click here.
All Businesses Are Open During Construction
Wondering where to park?
Pedestrian and business access will be maintained throughout the duration of this project.