12-Mile Road (Greenfield to Coolidge) Resurfacing Project
This project is a Road Commission for Oakland County construction project. All information regarding this project was pulled from their website which can be found here.
12-Mile Road Resurfacing Project Overview
- Milling road surface and paving with asphalt
- Reconstruction of 12 Mile Road from Greenfield to Ellwood Avenue (will close to through traffic during the work)
- Side street approaches to 12 Mile Road rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant sidewalk ramps and signal upgrades
- New curb and gutter
- Some drainage improvements
- New signage and pavement markings
Project Completion: Fall 2020
A public meeting regarding this project will be held on March 11, 2020. There will be a morning and an evening session. Information regarding those meetings can be found below.
To view the flyer, click here.
To view the public meeting press release, click here.
Detour Route Information:
The contractor is expected to close 12 Mile Road between Greenfield Road and Ellwood Avenue for approximately one month for reconstruction (details TBA). For the remaining project, one lane will remain open in each direction. Pedestrian and business access will be maintained throughout the project.